Archives: Listings

Garrison Savannah

The Garrison Savannah in the country of Barbados, is a horse racing venue located within the Garrison Historic Area, just outside the capital-city Bridgetown

Barbados Museum

The Barbados Museum & Historical Society is a private organization but membership is open to both members and non-members who are interested in the numerous collections

Gun Hill Signal Station

Gun Hill Signal Station was built in 1818. Two years after Barbados’ only slave revolt and it was the finest of a chain of stations used to signal the approach of enemy ships and the safe arrival of cargo ships and to help in the internal security of the island.

Barbados Wildlife Reserve

The Barbados Wildlife Reserve occupies four acres of mahogany forest with meandering brick paths. It is a community devoted to man's love and respect for nature, as well as to research and conservation.

Farley Hill National Park

Farley Hill is a national park in Saint Peter, Barbados. It is on the site of Grenade Hall Plantation, established in the seventeenth century.

Harrison Cave

At the heart of Barbados lies one of its greatest wonders - the magnificent Harrison’s Cave. Located in the central uplands of the island, this crystallized, limestone cave is characterized by flowing streams, deep pools of crystal clear water and towering columns. Gaze in wonder at the white flow stones and in awe at the beauty of the speleothems which adorn the cave. Harrison’s Cave is a...

Animal Flower Cave

The Animal Flower Cave is one of the oldest Tourist Attractions in Barbados and boasts a fantastic lunch time restaurant too that sits right on the edge of the cliff top.

Barclays Park

Barclays is a popular picnic and excursion spot of locals and visitors. It is located on the Eastern part of Barbados and has lots of trees and windy fresh air. You will find baths and other amenities in the area.

Codrington College

Codrington College is the oldest Theological College in the Western hemisphere, and the oldest tertiary institution in the region.

St. John’s Parish Church

St. John's Parish Church is the first church of St. John that is presumed to have been a simple wooden building, but its date is unknown. The parish along with St. George, was carved out of St. Michael in 1640–1641. But successive churches were badly damaged by the hurricane of 1675, the Great Hurricane of 1780, and finally destroyed by the Great Barbados hurricane of 1831. The present church...